Monday, March 30, 2009

More than you probably wanted to know...

Ok...I have sorted through all the pictures and tried to share the best with you. Your announcements went in the mail this afternoon with our favorite picture on it! Woo-hoo! Today was back to the real world for us after two weeks of living in fantasy land of Kevin's graduation, coming home, getting married and running off to St. Lucia! Good stuff!!

Seriously, the wedding was perfect! And, St. Lucia was just what we needed. We stayed at the Almond Smuggler's Cove on the northern tip of the island. It is a BEAUTIFUL island if you are looking for a vacation. This resort was perfect for what we wanted which was to veg out on the beach and giggle at calling each other 'husband and wife'!! ha! We really just hung out at the resort except for the day we went to the capitol city and shopped. It was a small beach but we went during the week and were never deprived of a good spot on the beach to sit and enjoy the sand and water! The food at this resort was excellent - even Kevin, the food critic, agrees! It was also neat that this resort asked you to dress up for dinner, so we had actual "dates". I loved every minute of it! We promised to go back for our 5 year anniversary and explore the west coast of the island. :-)



I did manage to finish one book on the plane ride there (Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell) and finished another lying on the beach (Sinister Shorts by Perri O'Shaughnessy). And, I am 3/4 finished with another Patricia Cornwell from the ride home. I love a good mystery!! However, if you do not read or haven't read any of the Kay Scarpetta series with Patricia Cornwell, then don't start with these two or you will be lost! It took a bit to get into the first one because I've been giving all my attention to James Patterson lately when I get a chance to read.



Ok...last thing and then I'll shut-up!! LOL! Once we got home from the honeymoon, we started The Love Dare. Have you heard of it? My BFF recommended it and we are on day 2. Yesterday was Love is Patient and we had to bite our tongue if our spouse irritated us and not say anything negative. Today is Love is Kind and we have to do an unexpected gesture of kindness for our spouse. I'll keep you updated on this 40 day journey... :-)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Hmmm the love dare sounds interesting. email me more info please?

RoozGal said...

I'd never heard of the love dare, sounds interesting. However, after 17 years of marriage, I'm sure my hubby and I would just look at each other and laugh and then back to the normal bickering routine. :)