Monday, April 27, 2009

Reception Notes

So, most of you know we were married in March with just our parents, ran off on our honeymoon to St. Lucia and then had our reception this past Saturday at John 3:16 Ministry. It has been a whirlwind of a month!! I am just going to give you a little tease of some pics tonight because I MUST go work on some interim reports.
I think the reception went well from what I hear. It was a bit of a blur for me and I wish I could go back and slow it down and have time to talk to everyone. Were there hiccups in the plans and night? Oh yeah...but I don't think anyone really noticed. There were even hiccups that I didn't find out about until afterwards (thank you - I was stressed enough! ha!). Apparently just as we were getting ready to eat, they discovered there was no ice for the drinks! ha! I won't even share the other hiccups because they don't even matter now! :-)
Here is the Benson clan that I am thrilled to now call my family too: And this is my family (or most of them...some were off tracking down kids and missed the picture - ha!):
Kevin's Razorback cake that got lots of compliments:
GO HOGS!

The cupcake wedding cake: Thank you Peggy for putting it all together and everyone else that pitched in while I got called off somewhere else! Out of the mouth of babes:
Funniest comment : On the ride home, Kayce asked her parents if the punch was spiked! LOL!
Best review: When I saw my niece, Autumn, the next day she said, "I had FUN last night. Those things are usually boring!" I think that says a lot coming from a kid!
And, I think this picture sums up how happy the kids were all night:

More tomorrow....

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great reception!! Can't wait to see the rest!!

L said...

Love the cakes! Looks like it all went well - I'm so sorry we had to miss out. That last pic of Autumn is adorable w/the hair flying straight up!