Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm just gonna put it out there...

It's not as if anyone would be surprised. I mean, Kevin & I are no spring chickens! So...in putting this out there, I am asking for prayers. We are trying to get pregnant. Now, DON'T ask me every week if I am. That will stress me out. You know I can't keep quiet and our life is plastered all over the internet with this blog and facebook....so you will know because you will hear us scream from joy! I am almost afraid to put it in print or say anything for fear of jinxing it...after all, I am 36 years old. Most of my friends have had trouble getting pregnant and I have never even tried. I have no idea if I will have trouble. My doctor said to give it 6 months before we come and see her. So, for now, just pray with us that it is in God's will that we be blessed with a little one of our own. It's a little scary...actually, it's a lot scary.

Here we go on another journey...isn't life fun??? :-)

6 comments:

Becca Barnhart said...

I pray God let His will be done in you and Kevin's life and marriage. I believe you would both be fabulous parents, and God has big plans for how to use you both to further His kingdom, and hopefully He wants you guys to expand His kingdom (by at least one).

Trina said...

Oh my how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So I will not ask you every 7 days, but is every 8 okay? hehehe Well if it brings you any comfort I had a harder time getting pregnant at 18 then at 36. Yes I was pregnant with Boaz at 36,and I felt as good as ever, maybe even better than some of my others. Ohhh Lori I hope and pray that God blesses you soon, however the more you stress about it the harder it is, so they say. I think that might have been part of my problem with conceiving our first, but all the rest was like oh well...we at least have one now...hehehe Well I will be your biggest chearleader, Lori!!! But I will be quiet on the sidelines until you get the big news!

Tasha said...

Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I am praying and praying and praying and um, praying for you guys!

Love IT!

Amy Gathright said...

Sending up prayers for you on your new journey! You will both make wonderful parents and I pray that God blesses you with a little one very soon. Don't worry about your age. With Olivia it took us over two years to get pregnant and I was in my 20's.....I was 35 with Piper and we weren't even trying. It's all in God's hands. Love you!! Amy

RoozGal said...

Yayyyy! I knew it was coming, and it will happen. Try not to stress about it though...just enjoy practicing, practicing, practicing!!

Lindsey said...

I think you will be pleasantly surprised!!!! Yay!! I'll be praying for you guys!!