Wednesday, June 10, 2009

For my big bear...

Kevin,
You have been sober for 9 months today and you need to be so proud of yourself! You have worked so hard for your sobriety and struggled way more than most people realize. You try to joke and make light of the pain but I was there and know how hard you tried to fight your way to this life of sobriety. I do want us to always remember the pain and where we have been so that we appreciate our days and life with God all the more. You know we cannot do this alone. We both have to keep God as #1 in our lives or we will surely fall. That isn't to say that we won't have struggles - just think of all the trials over the past few weeks. The difference in the trials today versus the trials of yesterday are that now YOU lead us in prayer rather than hiding and drinking. Isn't life so much better now?
You are my best friend in the world and always have been. It makes me happy just to see you smile and succeed. I have no doubt that we have a blessed life ahead of us if we keep spreading the good news and living for Him. You are my life, soul mate, and best friend. Stay strong on your path so you can continue to be the spiritual leader to me and our future children.
I love you more than you know and am SO, SO very proud of you and honored to get to be your wife!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you on 9 month anniversary! That is great and it is so good to see you both so happy and healthy. Keep up the good work. I love you both! Peggy

Becca B. said...

I love you both, reading that has brought tears to my eyes! You guys are so great, congratulations to you both!

Cracker said...

Way to go Kevin!

RoozGal said...

::APPLAUSE:: Life is what we make it. I'm so proud of Kevin and so happy that the two of you seem to be finding your way and seem so perfect for each other! Here's to another 9 months (and another...and another...and another...)