Thursday, June 25, 2009

Little bits...

...of random insight/happenings with our life around here:

*First, I have to praise John 3:16 Ministries again!! Kevin is back from volunteering there for a few days, and I am just grateful for a camp that welcomes us both with love each time we pass through the gates. This ministry is helping so many good hearted men gets their lives and families back. Kevin has made some life-long friends there, and Bryan Tuggle is a great mentor. I will sing John 3:16's praises for as long as people will listen and probably even longer!!

*We have a full weekend of concessions again around here. Kevin was requested to serve for the Jr. Olympics Skeet Shooting competition this weekend. They had someone else last weekend apparently and so many people complained and requested Kevin come back that they called him...how is that for a compliment? And, the butts are on the smoker getting ready as we speak...

*I finished my masters project FINALLY! 31 pages later and turned in...so many hours went into it that I will probably cry if I don't make an A!! Then, I had a presentation on Monday night that I fumbled my way through...urgh! I hate presenting!!! My final is next week and then on to Summer II session.

*In baby talk...I admit to my first real disappointment. I know its early in the game but I was late. You momma's know that means your hopes get up a bit...you can't help it. I bought my first pregnancy test and nope. Then, for sure, no yesterday. Bummer! Not time yet...Sometimes you really want to know God's plan in advance! ha!

*Jax update for those keeping up...he had his test for Cushings Disease on Tuesday. I almost cried when I left him...he is so spoiled that when he figured out I wasn't walking into the back with him, he tried to run back to me. I sat in the car and thought, "jeez...what will I be like with a human kid?" LOL!! Anyway...so far, still no results on the test. We are supposed to hear something tomorrow.

*Have a good weekend!! Feel free to send us a few prayers as we work in the 110 degree heat index!! Yikes!

5 comments:

Tasha said...

God will bless you with a baby when he is ready. Don't worry. Your time will come soon. Sonner than you think probably!

Lindsey said...

I agree with Tasha....but it would help to know HIS plan too:) Most women go through several negs first....keep trying, I hear the heat should work in your favor!! YAY on the masters paper being done!! I know that feeling of being done and WANTING an A to show for your efforts. I'm sure it's a very strong A, but just in case it's not, it's done and overwith and you'll never have to work that hard at another paper again, so just be glad with what it is!! I agree with the presentations. It's easy to teach, not easy to present. Crazy. Sending you baby prayers. And maybe a contraction or 2:)

Laski said...

WOW! A lot going on! YAY on your Master's Project. I remember the utter joy I felt when that monster was off my plate!

And baby news . . . I'm rooting for you all the way! ALLLLLL the way :)

Becca B. said...

Keep enjoying the "trying" to get pregnant, once a babies around, there won't be as much time for that kind of "fun"!!! Love you guys. God has a plan, and its way better than anything we can plan or dream up!

RoozGal said...

I agree with all of the above! The "getting" pregnant is the best part! heehee Enjoy that and when it's time it will happen. Probably when you're least expecting it!