Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our Dream...


...is on its way to reality! With the help of John 3:16 letting us start off with their concessions trailer, our dream of Benson's Catering and Concessions is off and running. There it is again...John 3:16 Ministries...I just CANNOT say enough good things about this ministry. Be sure to hop on over to their website every now and then and see what they are up to!!
Kevin got a 5 week job as the sole concessionaire for a Game & Fish tournament and that has ran our weekends for 4 weeks now. This upcoming weekend, he has a catering on Thursday, and concessions Friday and Saturday. AND, he booked another catering and another concessions job this week. This is the start of our business. Kevin loves to cook and after closing his restaurant in Fayetteville has always wanted to be his own boss again and do something with food. Concessions is his dream that also became mine the first time he took me on a job with him. I love it! Right now, he says what we are doing is like playing golf with a shovel because we don't have all the right equipment we need, but we will get there. One job at a time! I know this is the start of a successful business for him. He is so good at it! I am super proud of you honey and happy to be your partner!

5 comments:

Becca Barnhart said...

I'm so glad that things have gotten off to such a strong start. And I can't wait to try some of his BBQ I've heard so much about.

Cracker said...

Heh heh golf with a shovel.

Tasha said...

Wow I feel like I missed out on so much the last couple of days. Congrats on the start up of the busincess. Now how about getting some jobs up North so we can visit!

Vader's Mom said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so proud for you both!!

RoozGal said...

Sorry Lori, I'm waaaay behind on blog reading. Gonna try to to catch up today! Cool beans about the trailer, hope your concession business takes off to a flying start!