Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Top Ten Camping Memories...

For this trip ~
10. Relaxing night time boat ride...thanks Dad! (and of course, playing 20 question with Autumn and Jayce on the "relaxing" ride and Jayce explaining to everyone what a carnivore is - he was in kindergarten this year and SO smart!)

9. Autumn and Tayhlor's fascination with ANYTHING the boys did - what they said or where they went - the girls were in awe. Reminded me of when I was little and thought that my cousin's Burke and Shane were the coolest.

8. Dad getting in trouble by the Lake Patrol for the exact same thing he reminded Jared not to do the day before! LOL! Keep the seadoo 100 feet away from other water craft....heehee!

7. No technology for 3 days!! (except when Mom made me carry my phone on Saturday because hers was dead.) Oh, and I figured out when I finally looked at my phone that everyone blew it up because a tornado was heading our way. Camping for me = no phone or computer.

6. Sleeping in the rain...some great thunderstorms!

5. Jared and Tanner imitating the girls screaming the entire time they rode the innertube for the first time. Ha!

4. Family time...Jared and Tanner are great campers and can tag along with me and Kev anytime! Love those boys like they were mine!! Thursday thru Sunday was us with Mom, Dad, Bubby, Valerie, Autumn and Tayhlor. Then, on Saturday, we had so many family members come for the day that I can't name them all. For a bit on Saturday, it was like running concessions again! ha!

3. Kevin's ribs and BBQ!! I know I am partial but that man can cook! YUM!

2. Campfires...indeed! :-)

1. And, the funniest part of this trip was Lucky, the best camping dog I've seen in a long time. My brothers new dog was obsessed with swimming like nothing I've ever seen. It was too funny!! They would take him out of the water and as soon as his feet hit the ground, he would run back in and just swim and swim as long as they let him. By Sunday, the poor dog was so sore from hours of swimming that he could barely lift his leg to pee! LOL!

6 comments:

Becca B. said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! I'm not much of a camper usually, but you make it sound pretty appealing....

llcoolsmith said...

Fun fun fun!! I'm so jealous!! I had so much fun with you guys the time I went!! Glad you had a fun and memorable time! Can't wait to see what you've scrapped!

Lindsey said...

What an awesome trip! Camping rocks with no phones and computers, that's how it should be! Our dog gets the same way with swimming. She goes and goes and goes and then finally sleeps due to exhaustion!!

Tasha said...

I love camping!

RoozGal said...

I agree with Becca...you make camping sound fun! Maybe I'll go with you sometime...just don't laugh when I run the creepy crawly things in the woods or refuse ask to use your hair dryer.

RoozGal said...

Okay, let's try that again. Don't laugh when I run FROM the creepy crawly things in the woods or ask to use your hair dryer. Oh, and please don't even ask me to bait a fishing hook.