Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 8th Confession by James Patterson

**Judging from my first class today, this may be the only "leisure" book I get to read this summer! :-(

From the book jacket: As San Francisco's most glamorous millionaires mingle at the party of the year, someone is watching - waiting for a chance to take vengeance on Isa and Ethan Bailey, the city's most celebrated couple. Finally, the killer pinpoints the ideal moment, and it's the perfect murder. Not a trace of evidence is left behind in their glamorous home.
As Detective Lindsay Boxer investigates the high-profile murder, someone else is found brutally executed - a preacher with a message of hope for the homeless. His death nearly falls through the cracks, but when reporter Cindy Thomas hears about it, she knows the story could be huge. Probing deeper into the victim's history, she discovers he may not have been quite as saintly as everyone thought.

My thoughts: I finished it in a day and a half so I must have liked it! ha! My disappointment was that I guessed one of the "endings" early in the book. I like to be kept on my toes and surprised in my readings of mysteries. But, James Patterson is a favorite and it was still a good book. I'd give it a B+. (and I hope I get to read at least one more this summer!!!)

No comments: