Saturday, July 25, 2009

Show No Fear by Perri O'Shaughnessy

**Book #11 in my New Year's Resolution to read more books this year... I think I'm gonna make my goal!

From the jacket: Working as a paralegal and attending law school at night, Nina has her hands full. She's fighting for custody of her young son Bob and overseeing a medical malpractice lawsuit on behalf of her mother, Virginia Reilly, whose health is rapidly declining after she suffered complications from an acupuncture procedure. Nina knows the emotional toll a lawsuit can take, but Ginny is determined to sue her doctor - she wants to leave some money for Nina and her troubled brother Matt, when she dies. But Nina's personal stresses are ramped up when a local tragedy plunges Nina into a hunt for a killer - a killer only she believes exists.

My thoughts: The Nina Reilly series is one of the series I love to read. This book was published last year and takes you back to the beginning of the series to show where everything got started. I didn't think I would like it at first, but it was cool to see the background on some of the characters. If anyone is interested in the Nina Reilly series, I would START with this book and then go down the list! But, that's my type A personality and wanting to do things in order! ha!

No comments: