Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jax Update

I am not gonna lie to you...it's been another tear filled night here. The bloodwork came back today and the vet is worried about his pancreas and liver. If I understood all the bloodwork terminology, I would share, but I don't. All I know is that my baby is sick, and I wish he could talk and tell me where it hurts. His breathing is very heavy and his energy is non-existent. He has no interest in food. I am debating taking him to the vet tomorrow and letting them monitor him or giving the meds time to work. You know your dog is a senior citizen when he has 4 different bottles of medicine. He has his incontinence meds, his diarrhea meds, his antibiotic for the possible pancreatitis, and a liver supplement. Surely one of those will cure what ailes him!!
My prayer list is usually full of requests for other people's needs, but tonight I have selfishly begged for more time with my best buddy.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh NO!! I'm so so sorry. Definitely keeping JAX in my prayers!!! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

XOXOX,
Laura

Lindsey said...

Get well SOON Little Man Jax!!!! I'm sendin those prayers!!!!

Queen E said...

I am praying for Jax... Hope he is having a better day... and who could not love that senior face.. he is so CUTE....

Vader's Mom said...

Poor baby - I hope Jax feels better soon. He's too cute to be sick.