Monday, August 24, 2009

A Little Comfort...

Every email, every hug, every prayer, every message or gentle tap on the shoulder has been a comfort to me because I know that you realize Jax wasn't just a dog to me.
A big thank you to my awesome co-workers who got me this book - Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant. It is too cute, and I would certainly recommend it to any parent that has to explain to their kiddo's where their beloved doggie went. It made me smile! They also took up a collection for a donation to BoxAR rescue in Jax's honor. So, Saturday, Kevin and I were able to give money, some medicine and dog food to BoxAR in honor of Jax. That felt good.
Today I picked up his ashes from the vet...it hit me hard that my boy is gone. It's been a week...I still miss him like crazy!
I will try to post a happier post tomorrow...

4 comments:

Laura said...

Aww!! You just post what you need to - happy or sad. This is your blog and your place to praise, vent or cry!! Very sweet gesture from the co-workers! That's so awesome! I can't wait to see you on Friday! It has certainly been too long!!!!
XOXOX!

Becca B. said...

You do have the best coworkers, don't you! Lucky girl! Lol, we all love you so much, and when you hurt we hurt...we wanted you to know how deeply we care!

Queen E said...

you can post happy, sad, angry, or whatever you want.. cause we will be there with you. Still praying for a comfort that only God can provide you.. I know Jax is greatly missed and we will miss reading about him..

(((((HUGS)))) and lots of Prayers...

RoozGal said...

I will miss Jax too because your posts were always full of his stories, and he was my first "canine bling" model! Remember? My heart goes out to you and the ache you are feeling. Your coworkers sound awesome though, I'm not sure my coworkers would be so kind, but don't tell them I said so.