Sunday, August 16, 2009

Old Dogs ARE the Best Dogs...

Isn't this a great picture Kevin got yesterday of my gray faced boxer boy?
There have many, many tears at this house this weekend. I feel like my heart is being squeezed in my chest. I always knew this would be so hard because Jax and I have overly attached ourselves to each other. He doesn't really know he is a dog. I can't find the words through my tears to express how much this boxer boy means to me. He has seen me through so many bad times and trials in life that I just can't bare to see him suffering like he is right now. It is killing me. I know I am going to have to make the tough decision...I am praying for guidance and strength in this.
There isn't a real "diagnosis"...we are treating symptoms. The short facts are that bloodwork showed elevations in the pancreas and liver. Then, Friday, x-rays showed several issues with his lungs, which is why he is having trouble breathing. There appears to be a mass under one of his lungs and fluid on his lungs. The vet thinks he may have heart disease. You put all that together and it just isn't good. Is it? The worst part is that he will not eat. He has barely eaten in 3 days. And, that is making him weaker and weaker. I keep thinking if I could make him eat something...we might have a fighting chance for a few more months.
I can't stand this!!!!
Keep us in your prayers. We all need them. Kevin is doing a great job of being my rock and cooking different things trying to get Jax to eat. It is hard for him to watch me hurting so badly so keep him in your prayers too. I will keep you posted on our progress.
The love of good dog is worth all of this...that I do know!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh! My heart breaks for you! I'm so sorry! Been PRAYING for Jax and also for you!! I love you!!!!!! Please call me if I can do anything.

Laura

Lindsey said...

Lori! I am sending more doggy prayers...and hugs for Jax and Kevin too. Listen to your heart and you'll know the right decision. And Jax knows you and Kevin love him! Hang in there girl.