Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Went FAST!

This weekend went by entirely too fast. I need one more day!! I can keep wishing though and it ain't gonna happen!!
Friday as soon as I got home, Kevin put me to work for him with a church catering in Conway. I was already worn out from the first full week at work with the kids, but the catering was fun. Luckily, it was an early night though because we were getting up early Saturday to go to Fayetteville for my cousin's Memorial service. We got up about 5 am for the 3 hour drive up there, and we dropped Stella off with my friend who has an Aussie pup in Conway. Stella had her first playdate! ha!
The Memorial service was absolutely beautiful. The setting was the Botanical Gardens and was perfect. I thought they did an excellent job of celebrating Leah's life and battle with cancer. It was a touching Memorial. After a reception, we headed back on our journey home. We took a break in the driving in Conway and visited with Kevin's sister to let the nephews play with Stella. Their dog, Cash, isn't too pleased with his new cousin. Christmas at Nonnie & Pop's could be FUN! ha!
This morning we visited another church and heard a good message. It was just what we needed to hear today. It was about finding hope when you feel hopeless. We have had a lot of bad or sad news around here lately and a lot of loss ~ both within our families and our friend's families. It can start to wear you down eventually. Today's message was a good reminder that God is with us ALL the time.
After church, Stella got to meet her other cousin, Lucky. Now that was an instant hit! They played HARD! This is my Bubby's dog...check 'em out:
Yep, she was worn out when we left there. Lucky is a ball of energy.
After this, we stopped by Petsmart for even MORE chew toys. As most of you know, she did her first bit of chewing damage by chewing my laptop power cord into two pieces....I was not happy. But I forgave her. Good thing she is so cute!

4 comments:

Vader's Mom said...

You are still in my thoughts and prayers. Stella is a cute little addition and the pictures you have been taking are amazing!

Tasha said...

Sounds like Stella is fitting right in!

Laura said...

Aww! Too cute! I can't wait to meet Stella! Glad the memorial service went well...was thinking about you on Saturday.

XOXOX!

RoozGal said...

Looks like you have your hands full!!