Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Well....

Kevin may finally be getting a dog of his own. You know Jax didn't like other dogs and Kevin has been great the past three years with just doing without. I mean, Jax wouldn't even pay attention to him when I was gone. He just sat either looking at the door I left from or at the window waiting on me. I mean, I will honestly never have another dog so devoted to me!!
I absolutely CANNOT stand not having a dog in this house. I don't know how people without dogs do it. You really don't know what you are missing! But, I am not ready yet for a dog of my own...when I am ready, I will get another boxer. I think it will make me happy though to see Kevin happy with his dog...except I think it's gonna be a Lab. Not sure I can handle this. Sorry Lab folks but I have just heard so many horror stories about Labs. Vader's Mom and Lindsay may have to send me some GOOD Lab stories so the nervousness about my flowerbeds, furniture, deck and anything else destructable will go away...stay tuned....

3 comments:

Tasha said...

You know how I just spent a week " up north" Well one of my dads dogs is a pure bred golden retriver. (sp?)....Well he was the best behaved dog with my kids. Chance has never been around small kids before and he put up alot with my circus. He never flinched when Alanna tried to ride him or when Ben would use him to pull himself up...Things we tried to stop from happeneing but they always seemed to be going on when I left the room, LOL.
Anyways I know you all are trying for a family and this is my pick for a GREAT family dog.

Good luck!

Lots of love

Queen E said...

I have to say My Princess Tuesday is half Blonde Lab and half Cocker Spanial.. but she takes more from her father the Lab.. Yes the first year and a hald was rough.. she chewed everything, she dug everything and well just she was "Marley" from the movie "Marley and Me".. but as she has gotten older she has matured as every toddler does and I would not trade it for anything.. yes she still gets in trouble and yes she still digs and jumps. but that face is priceless when she knows she is in trouble... Labs are loyal and can be a gret friend when you need one... I love mine even if everyone else in my house hates her...(But they do love her, they just won't tell me!)

Anyways.. sorry for the long comment... but I do love my Princess.. she is a terror at times but she can also melt your heart...and as she grows so does her behavior.. just like kids...

However my ex MIL and FIL has Chocolate Lab and it is AWFUL! But a friend of there has a older Choc Lab and it is the BEST dog ever...

Good luck to Kevin whatever he picks out!

RoozGal said...

As you know, Onyx is part lab/part border collie. I think the border collie is the dominant breed though (if the stories I hear are true.) She is extremely well behaved, and VERY SMART. She did chew a little as a puppy and the nipping at the ankles was so annoying but she outgrew those things and now she is a very good dog, almost human I think! LOL