Sunday, September 13, 2009

What a difference a year makes...

This time last year was tough...Kevin had hit rock bottom with the drinking and I didn't think we were going to make it. As a matter of fact, I was sure it was over. My only concern this time last year was getting him some help, so I could move on with my life. Wow...look where that took us! On September 15th of last year, John 3:16 Ministries entered our lives and life as we knew it would forever change. I will forever be grateful to God for bringing Kevin back into my life and for the journey that we took together to have the relationship we do now. Life isn't always easy. We still have our share of struggles, but the struggles and valleys of life are so much easier with God walking beside you.
Take a minute to reflect on where life has taken you over the last year. Makes me wonder where I'll be this time next year...if you had told me a year ago that Kevin and I would be married and trying to have a baby, I would have laughed in your face. But, that is where we are...some people I am sure, thought I was nuts to stay with him after all the hardships, but I was simply doing what I knew was right...following God's plan for my life - not my plan.
I want to just take a minute as I look back on this past year and praise God for the blessings.
I am thankful for...
the journey
Kevin
that I am married to my best friend
John 3:16 Ministries
our families
our faith
that we have a roof over our head and money to pay the bills
Kevin is able to start his dream business
that I work with some amazing Christian people
a job I love
a sober husband!
What are you thankful for? Bet it's hard to name just one - isn't it? :-)

4 comments:

Becca B. said...

I am thankful for...
my husband, Steven
my health
my home
my family
my coworkers
my career
my students
my friends
my journey, through life in general, but especially the amazing one to parenthood God has brought us on this last year
Baby E
Baby L
All the future children we will love and care for
my church
my Lord God!

Ohh, that was fun! I love focusing on all the positive, makes me feel so good to reflect over my blessings!

Laura said...

AWW!! I'm so proud of Kevin and of YOU!! This has just made the both of you STRONGER!!!

Tasha said...

I am so proud of you and Kevin for coming this far. I do remember last year and I felt your pain. We all told you to hang in there things will get better, and look. They did. Things always happen for a reason wether it be good or bad but God has a plan for you Miss Lori and I think its gonna be a great one!

Love Tasha

Kevin said...

Lori, 1 thing stands out over this past year. Love. I have always loved you, but I was unable to love until I realized the love of Jesus, our Saviour. Remember it's Jesus who loves. We learn to love once we realize what he's done for us & what we can do for others. That's Love. Love God, Love your neighbor, spread the gospel. That's our job on earth.

Your the best!