Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weekend Visitor

**Updated at bottom on Sunday morning.
Leila is here and Stella is pretty pumped about it! They have ran and wrestled and played - crashed - and then ran, wrestled and played some more!
She is so darn cute and I love her short snout...and the way she snorts like Jax did...and how playful she is with Stella...and the way her whole body wiggles. But, and it's a big one, I am worried about the way she is with the cats - can't get a good feel for it!

We went to Lake Sylvia this afternoon for a little 2 mi. hike. Stella had a blast!

Leila didn't complain but when we got to the car, she put her feet up right away to get in and go home! ha! And on the way home, they both passed out in the back! Mission accomplished!
Update: Well, we all loved Leila. She is an awesome little girl and will make a family that doesn't have cats very happy. Unfortunately, she isn't the girl for us. My job as Simba and Nala's momma is to insure their safety. Other than the cat issue, Leila is a really sweet and loving girl. I pray she finds a home deserving of her.
As for us, we have all the time in the world to find the boxer that is right for us...and I'm sure Stella will enjoy the search the most! :-)

4 comments:

Vader's Mom said...

The passed out babies are adorable!!!!

I hope you are able to get a read with the cats before the weekend is over - I hope that you have no doubts about your decision.

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I hope she can deal with the cats too as it looks like a great friendship is already forming with Stella (and you).

Becca B. said...

I hate that she was not able to control herself around the cats. She is such a doll, but you are very right, there is no rush to find a new boxer, and its better to take it slow and cautious and find the dog that will be a perfect fit in your family.

Tasha said...

I'm sorry she didn't work out...There is a boxer out there for you!