Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where the Red Fern Grows

**Book 13 for my new year's resolution to read more this year than last. :-)

You all know the story of this book so a summary isn't needed. I have been reading it at school during our D.E.A.R. (drop everything and read) time each day. I brought it home last night because I was on the last two chapters and knew I would cry. Oh, and cry I did! But, still, it was such as good book. Good books bring out our emotions. This book is a must read for dog lovers. It shows the relationship between a dog and a boy better than any other, I think. And, the relationship between two dogs that grow up together!! It was so long ago that I read it the first time that it was honestly like reading it for the first time. Old Dan and Little Ann...:-)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh I LOVE that book!!! I cried too when I read it. Even in 5th grade when my class read it, I cried right there in class. Saps. We are just saps!!!