Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

I know I have been a stranger for the past 6 months. I haven't called. I haven't even sent funny emails. We haven't done anything fun together. If we did get a chance to see each other, my mind was elsewhere on all the things I needed to get done. My weekends have been spent working on projects and grading papers. Any spare minute I have had has gone to Kevin and the furkids and they have been neglected at times too.
I want to thank all of you for your patience. I want to thank each one of you who pitched in at different times to help me get things done. Thank you all for the encouragement and not letting me give up.
I have finally reached my goal. The work is over. One 15 minute presentation on the 5th and I have my Masters. Was it all worth it? Ask me when I get the first paycheck with my raise on it! ha!
Now, it is time to get back to the good stuff! The laughter has re-entered the picture. I can feel the tension in my shoulders already gone. I am breathing a sigh of relief. You know, the rest of the things on my bucket list are EASY and FUN....take a cruise, para-sail, swim with dolphins, see the Grand Canyon, go to New York....not as much work and much more play! Who wants to join me on those goals? LOL!
Seriously, I will be calling, texting, emailing and getting back out into the world....I'm BACK!
I love you all!
Lori
PS. When you see Kevin, give him a big pat on the back. He has taken the brunt of the stress when I have wigged out over the past few months. :-)

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I'm so proud opf you Lori...Congrats its all over with!

((hugs))