Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Obedience VI

Well, Rex isn't going to win any prizes unless it's for "most stubborn". Urgh! They weren't horrible tonight, but I hear people talking about Stella. Saying things like "well, he must work with her every night" and "he works with her 3 times the amount of time I do". In other words, as Kevin predicted (hate it when he's right), she is the rock star of the class. And, my dog is the clown. Case in point - we were going to practice heel with a loose leash and not holding onto to the leash or the dog - as soon as it is time to start walking, MY DOG falls over on his belly and everyone has to walk around us. SERIOUSLY? And at least twice during a "stay" practice, when he had gotten up numerous times, when I put him back in stay position, he pressed himself up against the wall like some abuse victim. I have never even raised my hand to this dog! But that may change! ha! Really?

We have two weeks to go and I am pretty certain that Rex is going back through for a second round. I am in the middle of parent conferences right now and couldn't help but wonder tonight if I had a parent conference with the trainer on Rex, what would she say? "Ma'am, it may be time to think about repeating obedience..."

2 comments:

Becca B. said...

"Retention might be in his best interest. Let's not look at this as a negative thing though, it's a chance for him to grow."

love it! Too funny.

Vader's Mom said...

I don't know what I found more entertaining. The photo or the story. I guess you have the true sibling rivalry going on in your house. Big sister is the shining star - little brother is the goof. But, in most cases, people who know the little brother know he's just as smart or smarter than the big sister!