Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We Graduated!!

Tonight was the final night of doggie obedience and they did a good job and BOTH graduated! yay! But just to show you what I mean about some of Rex's antics....this is supposed to be a "sit, stay"...see Rex practically passed out!The pictures aren't fabulous because the dogs eyes are glowing but it's all good anyway...you know I had my camera ready for graduation!! ha! Here's Stella's big moment:
And even Rex got to graduate...I think he was last in his class! LOL!
Here's the whole crew (minus a man and woman with two big lab mixes that weren't there tonight). LuLu, the Saint Bernard was definitely most improved. And that huge German Shepherd is the same age as Rex!! Only 10 months old!The really good news that I am super pumped about is that the next class we are taking is a canine good citizen class for the dogs to become therapy dogs!!! This is a dream of mine for a long time. I even wrote my research paper on it for my Masters. It may be a few weeks before we start as they are just now getting it together. But a few of their furfriends from this class will be joining us! Now, that's going to be a little tougher, but I hope they pass so we can go to nursing homes and hospitals with them.
Wouldn't that be awesome?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of the libraries have a dog that they bring into the children's area and let the kids read books to the dog. Too cute!

Vader's Mom said...

I love that they are going to train for therapy dogs. They will do a wonderful job (they provide me with therapy all the time!)