Thursday, April 22, 2010

What's going on?

We've got several irons in the fire around here:
~This weekend we have a family birthday catering for Kevin's nephew. How sweet is it when all your nephew wants for his birthday is for "Uncle Bubba to cook for me."? Super sweet! And, I think we can handle it!

~I've been talking to an old friend who is ministering to the homeless in our area about getting our left-over food to him after caterings. I am SO pumped about this! Feeding the homeless is something I have always wanted to be involved with and if we have children, I want them to be involved with it too so they can grow up seeing that not everyone has everything. If you think about it, it really isn't that hard to end up homeless. Especially in today's economy. It could happen to anyone. And through Kevin's caterings and concessions, we are going to be able to utilize our left-overs to help others. AWESOME!

~Next week, I think we are going to look at a concessions trailer to purchase for the business. Get excited! Maybe it's the one!

~Oh, and in other news, I got the summer school job! I am officially teaching summer school and am super excited about it because it is all literacy. I know I am going to learn a lot from this and grow as a teacher from the experience. And, as a bonus, we will have some fertility money if we need it and if not, we will have nursery money. Woohoo!

~Other than that, we are just working in the garden & flowerbeds, playing with the pups and praising Jesus for the life we have! :-)

No comments: