Sunday, May 9, 2010

Curve balls...

Sometimes you don't even see them coming. Then, they hit you out of nowhere. Those are the worst. It's 9:45 am on Sunday, and I should be in Sunday School...why aren't I? Well, here is how my Mother's Day started. Kevin got up to go help with the Mother's Day breakfast at church. They started serving at 9:15 am. Sunday School usually starts at 9:30 am. So, I asked how it was going to work....did that mean no Sunday School? No one really knew...so I walk into a Sunday School full of men. I am the only woman. All the other women are mom's. They are at the mom's day breakfast. Kevin tries to get me to go eat breakfast anyway. I walk in there with all those mom's and know I am about to lose it. Everything in me is screaming "get out of here!". Let's face it, I'm not a mom. It's a nice thought to say "you are a mom to your pets and the kids at school". But that isn't the same thing. I am not a mom. I may not get to be a mom. So, I ran. I held it together until I got the car and then I cried, and I cried on the drive home. I've been doing so good this week and then slam! Hit smack in the face with it. So, that's my morning...but I'm going to work on this messy house and go to regular church in an hour. Then, I'm going to celebrate MY MOM. The bestest in the world!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Hang in there. You will be a mom when God says its time.

((hugs)) to YOU, from ME!

RoozGal said...

Love you, Lori. It will happen and when it does I'm going to be the first to say "I told you so!". In the meantime, celebrate being a strong independent woman! Hang in there girl.

Becca B. said...

Sorry you had such a rough morning...I can only imagine how overwhelming that was in the midst of what you guys are going through. I know you like to stay composed, and in control, but it really is okay to be REALLY emotional and cry, whenever you feel the need. Just make sure you say prayers with your tears, and let the Lord give you the comfort He longs to provide.

Lindsey said...

Just keep reminding yourself it's in HIS time. HIS time. Love you girl.