Monday, June 14, 2010

First day of Summer School

Today was the first day of summer school and this is for sure going to be different from when I did the math summer school. But I am going to like it, and I am super pumped about getting a jump start on some cool lessons for the fall!! My day with kids is only from 8 am until 11 am...not bad, huh? I have one group that is made of up of kids going into 5th and 4th at 8am, and there is some attitude in that bunch!! But I only have them for an hour and a half. Then, at 9:30, the group that comes to me is full of kids going into 4th and they are sweet and quiet (or at least they were today!). That second group is also mainly kids from my regular school. We have kids from 4 different schools for summer school. So, that makes me feel good about how the students from my school represent! :-) Anyway...I only get 30 minutes for lunch and then we all meet together briefly and then split up with our partners for team planning. And at 1:30 pm, I am done! Sounds easy enough....5 weeks and good pay! Woot! Day 1 down.....23 to go! LOL!
P.S. I did decide today that next summer, I will just work for Big Bear! (and travel around in my new camper he's promised me! heehee!)

No comments: