Sunday, July 18, 2010

Updates and such...

Kevin had his surgery on Friday afternoon. They had to dig deep to get it all out...turns out he had a golf ball sized cyst embedded in his shoulder muscles. It was yucky looking! Needless to say, he has been in some pain this weekend!! Tonight we were able to take the bandages off and he is just kind of uncomfortable. He can't lift anything heavy for at least a week, so I am his right hand for his caterings! He has a follow-up appointment on Thursday. Let's pray for this to heal well and all pain be gone!
I had my last day of summer school on Friday, so I am finally on summer break!! I've got about 3 1/2 weeks off and that is perfect for me! I should be able to get a few projects done, read a few books, grab a quick camping trip (if Big Bears heals well)...who knows what adventures await...
Saturday, we went to some local yard sales and there was a house in the 'well-to-do' neighborhood having a moving sale. They had the sale set up inside and I wish we would've gotten there earlier (not that I had that much money), but we spent $40 and got a TON of stuff ... Kevin can't lift, so as soon as I get help unloading the Jeep, I will take a picture and share my treasures! Until then, you have to wonder. :-)
In doggie news...notice anything unusual about our ottoman? Oh, that's right, one side has been ripped off! While their daddy was napping! Little sneaks!
Stella says, "It wasn't me!" And, honestly, it wasn't. You hear all these horror stories about labs being destructive, but truly in this house, it is the boxer. He is sneaky too! He will grab one of Kevin's hats and run through the living room and out the doggie door as fast as he can. He knows he isn't supposed to have it, so he tries to keep you from noticing. Sneaky! Anyway...the ottoman is old and I can staple the flap back on, so they weren't in too much trouble. :)
How could they stay in trouble? I mean I can't even sit in the little nook and enjoy watching some rain without all three dogs with me! I promise you that Simba does not know he is a cat! ha!

2 comments:

Trina said...

So sorry that Kevin isn't feeling great yet, but yes to a speedy painless recovery! I wish I had been with you on our garage sale find, and don't forget to post pics of the treasures! I'm glad to see you happy and well!!

Lindsey said...

I hope he is feeling better soon!! Our lab is not destructive either....little stinker you have there!!!! But we love them anyway:)