Sunday, August 29, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good:
*My BFF, Michelle, had her baby Friday, and he has to be the absolute cutest baby in the world!! I mean look at that sweetness (yes, I swiped her pics off FB! ha!). Our first free weekend, we are going to meet this little guy in person. I think I'm in love already! I just keep looking at his pictures and saying 'he is just so pretty!!'I can't decide which picture I like more, so you get to see both. Look at that hair and round face...precious, I tell you, precious! :-) Michelle is my inspiration. She tried for years for both of her little blessings. *Other good from the weekend: It was scrap night Friday night. I was still super cranky, but it helped to be with girlfriends and just be reminded we all have our problems.
Oh, and I finally got my yard mowed!! It's only been a month! ha!


The bad:
I am not 100% back to myself. I'm not going to lie. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It isn't a coincidence that both Sunday School and the church service were about dealing with hardships and crisis in your life. As long as I keep my faith in God and keep talking to Him daily, I am going to be ok. :-)
The ugly:
I finally admitted to Kevin last night that I felt like I was on the verge of depression, and I was fighting to keep it at bay. Depression is a place I never want to go again. So, I am vowing that no matter WHAT this week, I will keep my chin up, my prayers constant and priorities straight! God is number 1, Family is number 2 and job is number 3. I may have to repeat that to myself when I am overwhelmed, but that's ok too.
Before church service today, I had decided not to blog anymore until I was back to my 'normal' self or in a happier place. But, I was reminded that we can't go through the tough stuff alone and the more people we let in on our struggles, the more people we have praying for us. And, I do thank you for your prayers, emails, thoughts, calls...I have some awesome people in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That truly is a beautiful baby!

Tasha said...

Hang in there..I have been gone for awhile, but back on track...Im here if you need an email..LOL