Monday, August 9, 2010

Let's Talk Food!

We are going to just have a Florida week here on the 'ole bloggidy blog...you know how the real world slaps you in the face when you get home from a vacation? Well, this will help me relive the relaxation of the vacation! :) So, today, let's talk FOOD! A favorite topic of mine ~ ha!
Our #1 choice of the restaurants we ate at is Peg Leg Pete's...YUM! I had grilled shrimp & Kevin had the mixed grill. Seafood...gooood! Our second favorite was Flounder's. We ate there the first day and the last day of our trip. Highly recommend the shrimp boat. And, I discovered a love of coconut shrimp here!
The first day when we went to Flounder's, we had been driving all day and felt a little yucky and were full pretty quickly. So, the following day, Kevin and I walked back and had an appetizer & dessert. Or rather, he had the oysters and I had the best peanut butter pie of my life!

Our third choice in restaurants was Crabs, but we rated it as having the best view from our table!
Thursday night, Chef Kevin treated us all to a steak and shrimp dinner with new potatoes and sauteed mushrooms as good or even better than any restaurant!
On our final night, we celebrated John's 4oth birthday and Pop's (Kevin's dad) 60th birthday at Flounder's. The size of their desserts is massive!
Now, after reliving all that wonderful food, I should tell you that Kevin and I have vowed to eat better and lose some weight! LOL!

1 comment:

Amy (twin 1) said...

I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at the pictures! Ha! I'm glad y'all had a nice vacation! You deserved it!!