Friday, August 13, 2010

Praising Him no matter what the outcome...

Again the answer is no. I have to admit that this month, not much of a reaction from me. It is almost like I am numb from disappointment after disappointment. We've talked about it, and we are going to take the next few steps with the doctors, but after that, in all likelihood stopping all the extra means to try and have a baby. I start my 'evil' medicine again tomorrow. The medicine that I really think is behind my weight gain!! Seriously...if it makes me have mood swings, why not weight gain too? In a cruel twist, my stomach looks like I am 3 months pregnant and I'm NOT! I'm not kidding!
Now, it's time for step 2. On Monday, we will call to set Kevin's appointment up to be checked out. Then, step 3. This one makes me nervous! After Kevin's appointment, I will go back to the doctor and she thinks laparoscopy will be next. Judging from the way things have gone with my cycle, it's fairly certain I have endometriosis. Now, for someone who has to be dying to visit the doctor, a surgery is super scary! The only time I've been put under was when I had my wisdom teeth out. Plus, I am 37 years old and have a fear of needles! Doesn't look good for me, does it? ha!
While I am numb at the news this time around, I am grateful for the wait. As with all of God's plans for us, there is a reason for this. I am trusting Him. I know that He knows the best timing. Although, I thought as a teacher having a baby at the end of March and staying home for April and May would be GREAT! But, I would take end of April too! :-)
I know so many of you are praying for us. Keep it up! Neither of us are looking forward to our parts in the upcoming steps...pray for our peace of mind.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Prayers prayers prayers....and happy thoughts too:) I think you feeling numb is a great coping skill that we all have to exercice from time to time. Thinking of you OFTEN through your journey:) How are all the pups?? I wish Bidder could play with your fur babies!!