Thursday, September 9, 2010

Praise Report

I have to stop and give a shout out to my husband, aka Big Bear, aka Kevin. :) On this night two years ago, I was walking out of Open House to hear a phone message that Kevin was in jail for a DWI. He spent the night in jail because I didn't go get him and he walked all the way home the next day. It was a horrible night and it was a pretty bad summer leading up to that night. The drinking was out of control. Our lives were out of control.
Flash forward 2 years, tonight he is at John 3:16 Ministries helping them with a catering. He is sober and doing his best to keep the demons away and stay that way. He is working with youth at our church on Sunday nights and is on the cooking team at church. And, we have a home church and a pastor that we love. What a difference it makes when you let go and let God!
I praise Jesus for John 3:16 Ministries, second chances and a husband who loves me. I know I am lucky to have a husband who is my best friend and would rather spend time with me than anyone else. I am blessed and owe it all to Jesus! :)