Sunday, September 19, 2010

What makes a happy wife?

A clean house. Yep, it's that simple. And yet....will it last? :) Our house was filthy and pretty much gets that way about 2 days after we do a big cleaning. It's because we have 4 furkids and someone who doesn't pick up after themselves (not naming any names). It snowballs quickly and some days I fight the battle and others I cave into the messiness. Well, Friday, I came home determined that by the end of the weekend, I would have a spotless house. (Insert here about how much I miss having a cleaning lady!!) I am pretty sure by Saturday night Big Bear hated me but the house was clean! Ahh....and for now, it still is. Trust me, I am enjoying it while it lasts!! So, that's our weekend and in my mind, it was a good one! Why?
1. I got a clean house (even though I had to work for it).
2. I watched and actually enjoyed the Hog game. And, we won!
3. Church this morning was AwEsOmE!
4. I managed to not do school work all weekend for the first time since school started!! Whoop!
5. I actually was able to read a book for leisure for the first time since our Florida trip. Wow!
6. I managed to get a nap in today....even if I did have company squeezed in with me. Ha! How many more can we fit in the chair?
Here is the lesson from this weekend : a clean house = a happy wife & a happy wife = a happy life! Heehee!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Awwwww what a great feeling of a CLEAN house!!!! Enjoy it while it lasts and maybe it will last longer this time!!!