Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The hits keep coming...

Quick review of Benson drama lately :
*Meatzilla 1 breaks down, as in DEAD, and still is sitting at transmission shop waiting for diagnosis
*We are given yet another '89 Suburban by my dad...and it breaks down. Shop bills $400.
*Very next day on our way to Rector, our trusty Jeep breaks down. Repair costs still unknown, but we do know we need a WHOLE NEW ENGINE! Urgh!!!

Now, all that will take care of itself. So, I have put off posting our other "hits" because I needed time to process them. And these too will take care of themselves...in God's perfect timing. Let's take them one hit at a time...both sort of came at the same time. It started with a doctor appointment. Just a regular yearly girl check-up if you know what I mean. Now, the first hit came when we went over Kevin's analysis (counts) in person. Over the phone, a few months prior, I didn't get the impression that the analysis was that off. I mean, I know she said go to a urologist, but she didn't seem to stress that we wouldn't get pregnant without that visit. Well, our talk in person was discouraging. The counts are low. Way low. We aren't getting pregnant unless God wants us to because between those counts and my issues, that's the only way. So, I was a bit discouraged. Then.....
hit #2, I hear 'well this is worrisome'. Not want you really want to hear. I think she even said it three times as she was getting ready to do a biopsy because we just "couldn't let this go". So, I came home reeling from an unexpected biopsy and the news that we probably aren't getting pregnant to a husband with a broke toe. That's right...a broken pinky toe. We are falling apart people!! ha
Fast forward to the day before Thanksgiving and we get the biopsy results back. They came back showing abnormal cell growth that they rated as being moderate to severe for being cancerous. Now, for whatever reason, I had a sixth sense this was going to happen. I just didn't feel right about it all. I think it was all the "this is worrisome" from the doctor. You think? So, I am having surgery next Thursday to remove it. The doctor plans to go out further than the borders to be sure to get it all. After a day of walking in a fog, and a few days to process, I am confident she will get it all and we will put this behind us along with everything else. I am working daily on surrendering all anxious thoughts! :)
Now, do I think it's an accident that all these are coming at us while we are signing up to coach Upward and Kevin is filling out papers to become a Gideon? Nope, I think the devil is trying to get us down, but he underestimated the Benson's love of Jesus! You might knock us down for a minute, but we get right back up! "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

Now, I gotta give some praise to being surrounded by amazing friends, an awesome Sunday school class and Bible Study groups, and a loving family. I know that I have the peace of mind that I do now because of all the prayers. I liked how one person put it "remember, many people are walking beside you as you carry your burdens." Comforting!

"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Keep those prayers coming...

2 comments:

Becca B. said...

Love my Benson's and praying without ceasing!

Vader's Mom said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!!!