Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Status

Let me just say that Friday was a bad day...I was beyond cranky. Let's sum it up by saying the kids were out of control, the Jeep wasn't ready, and while I was in a meeting, the person in my room did NOTHING with my kids. We cannot have anymore bad weather. My kids have GOT to get back on a routine!! (No worries on the vehicle situation - Dave is holding my Tahoe until the Jeep is ready for me to trade. Awesome!)
Saturday, Kevin had a huge catering that went off without a hitch. Huge thanks to John 3:16 Ministries for helping him make it a success. I was able to stay behind and coach Upward Basketball. They were just as wild as the kids in my class!! One kid almost fouled out of the game - IN UPWARD! It was kind of a nightmare and funny at the same time! I definitely appreciate Kevin's coaching skills after Saturday.
Then, today I volunteered to help out in the 2 year old nursery at church! Big leap for me...I am really only comfortable with school age kids. They were soooo cute!! Totally confirmed to me that if we adopt, I would totally skip the infant stage and jump right in at about 2 years old. Instant love! :)
Now, let's all hope, the weather is sunny this week. No snow to make my kids wild and hold up parts being delivered on my Jeep. Surely, oh surely, this is the week I get the Jeep and then trade her in for that awesome Tahoe. Surely!

1 comment:

Vader's Mom said...

It's so funny to see how much we have in common - I'm not big on the little ones front, but I adore kids at age 2. No diapers. They are big enough to actually play with. Entertaining. They always used to get me if they needed someone to help out that age range at church. I adore them!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!