Thursday, February 3, 2011

Upward

I just want to go on record that I am so glad we signed up to coach an Upward basketball team. At first I wasn't too sure because we all know I can't play sports and don't even know the basketball rules. But, I am really loving these boys and can't believe we are half-way done...I am really going to miss these kids!! I am pretty sure that tonight's practice ruined any progress I had made in getting my voice back! Ha! (It has gone from a whisper, to a squeak, to raspy...maybe by the weekend, I'll be back to normal!) Anyway - tonight was humorous. They were hyper and fouling left and right. Some of them are so competitive and some are just in la-la land. They are pretty cute...we get our picture made at the next practice. I keep forgetting to take my camera so I'll have to share our team pic. Tonight the devotion was about giving your heart and life over to Christ. I think I did ok...Kevin was a big help. It is SO hard to hold the attention of 1st and 2nd graders ON a basketball court after running around practicing. They were excited to get their bracelets with their Upward stars on them that are to remind them of what we talked about tonight. Why is sharing Jesus so much easier with kids than adults? I love the innocence and belief in their answers.
Tonights devotion verse was a favorite ~ John 3:16 For God so loved the World He gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments: