Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher of the Year Banquet

Last night was the Teacher of the Year Banquet, and I have to say that it was truly an honor to represent my school. To even be nominated from my school that is full of such high quality teachers is an honor in itself. To be nominated. Then, to actually be chosen to represent our school...an honor. A humbling honor.
I do love my job. I love the day to day challenges. I love that each day is different. I love making progress with a child. I love that after a bad day, I can go back in and try something else. I love seeing my kids enjoy learning. And, this year, I have loved working for a boss that I can respect!
Now, I love the fact that my husband thinks I should have gone on to win the District Teacher of the Year and the State Teacher of the Year and the Universe Teacher of Year (ha), but I certainly don't feel deserving of all that! LOL! I just love that Williams Magnet thought that much of me!(The lighting was yucky for the rest of the pics...going to have to get someone else's! But here they are anyway!)













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful.....and you look very pretty too :)
m.

Tasha said...

I'm so proud of you..and you look great too!

Wicker family said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. I would love to see you guys sometime!

Anonymous said...

Love to see so many co-workers & your boss come out to support & cheer you on. I am in agreement with Kevin! :) - (the other M.)