Saturday, July 30, 2011

Days 6 & 7

My big task for the day on Wednesday was I took ALL the computers off the tables, cleaned the tables and moved them from the big circle that took up a lot of room and opened them up this way. And I did all the wiring and everything by myself!!! I was so proud! I hate all those wires hanging though and the next day I took zip ties and neatened them up, but if you have any ideas of how I can completely cover them, share! :) I'm excited that I can see all the computer screens and there can be no sneaky business happening!
The next day I did a few cleaning chores that I had left - taking goo gone and getting sticky stuff off the boards. I mean, this room was a mess!!! ALL the bulletin board backgrounds are UP! I have a few things to laminate before all the bulletin boards are totally complete. I made this birthday chart with my scrap supplies...go cricut!! One of my goals this year is to do better making a fuss over the kids birthday's!
My calendar math is ready to roll. I had to bring that all home and read up on 4th grade and organize it. Once again, it was a MESS! This room doesn't know what hit it with everything cleaned and in its place for the first time in probably 20 years! ha!
I am down to the last minute stuff. I got started on labeling and putting up some of the AR books I inherited with the move. I have to finish that and finish up the boards. Then, it is just taking care of all those details and labeling things when you get your class list. I am thinking about going and getting some cute fish knobs for the back counters. What do you think?
I have 6 days of summer left and will only go work in my room one more day before I officially go back. I'll take pics again when it's all done! ;)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Your room looks FANTASTIC. I mean really, you make it look so awesome for your students!! I always think I should make a bigger fuss over bdays too, but it seems to be one of those things that gets last minute attention.