Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last day of summer...

Tomorrow is back to the real world of working. Teachers everywhere will hate me for what I am about to say, but I am ready to go back. It's time. I need structure and adult conversations with someone besides Big Bear. :) Plus, I'm excited and nervous about the new challenges ahead of me. Learning a new grade, new curriculum, new kids....it's like being a new teacher all over again and gives me a refreshing feeling. I'm ready, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to soak up today. I plan to be a vegetable with the pups and maybe scrapbook some. I know I'm going to have a hard time waking up tomorrow. I have gotten to where I am staying up to midnight and sleeping until 8 am. Tomorrow I have to be at work at 7:30 am and there is no way I'll be able to go to bed early!!
Since I'm on the subject of work, I got some exciting news yesterday. I got a raise!!! I moved over on the pay scale to Masters + 15. I had Masters + 12 hours and some of my after hours professional development over the years has finally added up to 3 additional hours and bumped me over on the pay scale. EXCITING!! Who doesn't love a raise that they didn't know they were getting? I'm thinking it just gets me that much closer to my bigger camper! ha!

No comments: