Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The latest word...

Here is what I had done today:
Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) - Radiographic contrast dye is injected through the cervix into the uterus and fallopian tubes. This x-ray evaluates the shape of the uterine cavity and determines whether or not the fallopian tubes are open. The procedure is performed in the radiology department.

Uterine cramping usually occurs during the dye injection. This resolves within a few minutes of completing the procedure. Occasionally, patients may experience some dizziness or lightheadedness immediately after the procedure. This usually lasts only a few minutes. You can expect to be in the radiology department for about 45 minutes for this procedure.

See that last line? The one about 45 minutes? That's not true. The rest is true. It wasn't pleasant, but it only took about 10 minutes for the actual procedure. I took my ibuprofen an hour before my scheduled appointment like they said, but I'm pretty sure by the time I actually got in, it had worn off. Oh well, it's over. Two yay's from today: I only had to pay $20 today!!! And, my tubes are clear!! Whoot!

On to the next step....



No comments: