Sunday, October 30, 2011

What I know...

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial,, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

Is it an accident that this was my Daily Bread reading on Friday? I don't believe in accidents or luck anymore. I know all things are guided by God.
I saw another side in David's calm spirit: I am unable to understand all that God is doing in me, and it is impossible to try. David draws a comparison between a weaned child that no longer frets for what it once demanded, and a soul that has learned the same lesson. It is a call to learn humility, patient endurance, and contentment in all circumstances-whatever they are-though I do not understand God's reasons. Divine logic is beyond the grasp of my mind. I ask, "Why this affliction? Why this anguish?" The Father answers, "Hush, child. You wouldn't understand if I explained it to you. Just trust Me!" So, I turn from contemplating David's example to ask myself: Can I, in my circumstances, "hope in the Lord"? Can I wait in faith and patience without fretting and without questions God's wisdom? Can I trust Him while He works in me His good, acceptable and perfect will?

These things I know for sure, you can knock me down, but I don't stay down for long. And, in every instance in my life that has been a trial, I have come out the other side of it stronger. How we handle trials in life make us into who we are. My faith has been tested lately. But, the devil cannot win. I know that Jesus has been carrying me lately and hasn't let go. I will continue to seek His guidance and do my best to follow.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

LOVE this. It defintely spoke to my heart this morning.