Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thankful

Today has been one of those days when I have struggled with the "why's"... the things I'll never understand. After a much needed Bible Study time, I am going to just list some things I am thankful for instead of thinking about anything down or negative.
I am thankful for:
*2 more school days and then a nice vacation!!
*dinner with a cousin :)
*a job that I absolutely love!
*a husband who loves spending time with me
*rotten dogs that jump in the bed with me
*the softness of Nala's fluff!
*quiet time
*our church that has been so supportive to us

Pray that I can focus on the good and find acceptance. Right now, I am struggling by looking at other people's choices (like, child neglect, child abuse, people giving up their kids...I'm sure you get the point) and wondering WHY they get to have kids and I don't. I am sure this is a natural?!? part of the grieving process over this, but I want to be able to accept our path and move forward. Maybe I'm trying to move forward too fast. Maybe I need to slow down and feel the pain a little?!? I don't know...like I said, it's been a weird day. I'm going to put it to bed now and remember tomorrow is a new day. And, like Beth Moore just said, "We don't know what God has in store for us, but we know it will be good."

No comments: