Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good riddance to 2011!

I know that 2012 is going to be a much better year than this past year. 2011 was full of infertility, disappointments, struggles, and sadness. It ended with us both in a pit of despair, and November 28, 2011 goes down as the day our hearts were shattered to learn that we won't be able to have children of our own. It was an ugly year. I wasn't even sure our marriage was going to survive. I did, however, come to truly appreciate our church family. I realized that in a crisis, we are blessed with a preacher who will drop everything and come over to sit with us and talk and listen. I realized that in a crisis or while going through a trial, I find my strength in my Bible Study. So, the blessing of 2011 is knowing I have an abundance of prayer warriors, an amazing church family, and my faith has grown as well as my marriage. I am sorry you have had to listen to so many down times and struggles lately but am glad you stuck it out with me. 2012 is going to be a good year, and maybe we will get to see my "greater yes".
If you wanted something so badly that you thought it might kill you if you didn't get it, and God said no, there is some huge greater YES! Your purpose is wrapped up in the greater yes." -Beth Moore

No comments: