Monday, January 23, 2012

The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski

#2

Rating:B

This isn't the type of book I usually read, and it took me a bit to get used to the style of writing. It's written in a way that almost makes you feel like you are just having a conversation with your best girlfriends. It turned out to be a really good, fun light read. I am trying to branch out from my regular mystery novel. After about the first 40 pages, I really got into it.
Here's the gist of what it is about:


Meet June Parker. She works for L.A. Rideshare, adores her rent-stabilized apartment in Santa Monica, and struggles with losing a few pesky pounds.

But June’s life is about to change.

After a car accident in which her passenger, Marissa, dies, June finds herself in possession of a list Marissa has written, “20 Things to Do By My 25th Birthday.” Even though they barely knew each other, June is compelled by both guilt and a desire to set things right and finish the list for Marissa.

The tasks before her range from inspiring (Run a 5K), to daring (Go braless), to near-impossible (Change someone’s life), and as June races to achieve each goal before the deadline, she learns more about her own life than she ever bargained for.

No comments: