Saturday, March 17, 2012

On a roll...

#7, 8, 9

I've been on a roll with reading books that have movies to go with them. After reading The Secret Life of Bees and not even realizing it had a movie until after finishing, of course I (we) had to watch it. And, the movie went right along with the book. There were three differences, but only one was a big one that I didn't like. I won't say much about it in case you want to read/watch (which you totally should!!). I told my co-worker about it who is also a reader and she couldn't stop reading for two days and zero papers got graded until the book was finished! ha!

After that, I finally read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (with my class) and picked up the DVD on one of our flea market days. So, of course, we watched it. I can't believe I had never read this book. It was good, but probably not a series that I could read the whole thing. I liked it, but I didn't love it. However, my nephew LOVES it!

Next, I tried to start The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but I've heard from several people it is hard to get into and you have to give it about 200 pages!!! 200!?! Anyway, apparently after all that background that you need to trudge through, the rest of the trilogy is awesome. I read two chapters and decided to put it up until summer when I didn't have to focus on school work at the same time. And, that's when Harry Potter entered the picture!! See how behind I am in updating my books? Yikes! I have read the first two Harry Potter books in the past week and a half. We are watching the first movie tonight and the second tomorrow. I can't believe I have never read this series. Love it!! I love that moving to 4th grade has opened up a whole world of books!!! Ahhh!!! Tomorrow, I start Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!! :)

No comments: