Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Report

Big Bear went on his manly camping trip this weekend, and I had the place all to myself. Ahhhh!! What did I do? Well, I ate fast food for every meal first of all! ha! I read a lot in my Harry Potter book, went through more of my Mom's old pics for her, worked in the yard and took some kids to the movies to see The Hunger Games. (and loved it the second time around too!) The only yuck to my weekend was crossing paths with these two (and realizing non of my garden tools are sharp!!).

Other than the snake episode, we (me & the furkids) relaxed and did a few chores. Benchmark week kept away papers to grade, so that was NICE! Stella usually goes camping with her daddy but I talked him into letting her stay behind. She is my guard dog after all! :)
If you look closely in this pic, you will see two red birds in the tree. One is to the bottom right and one is very bright. The birds are loving the area I made for them with the feeder and the bird bath!!
These two are busy bird watching and spent most of their afternoon entertained by them. I love my backyard!! But this weekend, I did miss my Simba boy...he loved to sit right under the bird feeder. ha! And, oh the lizards he would've chased this weekend. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

testes, testes, 1,2.

Lori said...

KEVIN!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The less colorful bird is a female cardinal and the other one is a male. Opposite of people where God made the girl's prettier. :)