Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week!!

It's teacher appreciation week.  Have you thanked a teacher? It doesn't cost a dime to say thanks!! :)  Sometimes it is nice to just hear that you are appreciated.  If you have kids, your child's teacher spends just as much, if not more, time with them during the week than you do.  That seems crazy, but true!  We are often the nurse, the counselor, the mom, the dad, the grandma, the teacher...so many hats to so many kids.  I absolutely LOVE my job and know that I am blessed to get to go to work each day and love what I do.  Would I like less work to bring home?  Oh sure!  Would I like more money?  You betcha ya!  Would I rather sit in a cubicle all day? NO WAY!  Every day is different.  Every child is different.  I love the challenges each of those brings.  I do hate that there are some in our profession that clearly do not enjoy their jobs, which affects the kids.  But, it should be clear by our attitude, the kids attitudes towards us, and the amount of work we put into doing our best, which teachers are clearly called for this profession and love every minute of it.  Grab one of those teachers and say thanks for making a difference, or send them a quick email.  Just think, those few minutes will make a teacher smile and that smile will affect possibly hundreds of children!!
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said girlfriend!
M.