Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tribute

The world lost a beautiful person this week.  A person who touched my life that I never even had the honor to meet face to face.  Trina Martin was a mother to 6 boys, a wife to her high school sweetheart for 24 years, a grandmother to a newborn and an inspiration to so many with her faith.  I cannot imagine the loss that those who had the privilege to be around her are feeling.  I have read her blog for as long as I can remember and watched her family grow and change.  But best of all, we became friends.  She was one of the first people to impact me spiritually.  Her way with words and unwavering faith planted the seeds of my faith.  I may never have met her face to face, but she had a big impact on my life.  I am grateful I had the opportunity to tell her that in our last messages to each other.  None of us ever expect at 41 years old to say goodbye to this world.  And, as I cry for her family, I rejoice for Trina, because I know she is in heaven with Jesus.  I will miss her words, her prayers, and the way she had of appreciating all the little things in life.  Please pray for this family to have comfort and peace. 
Trina's Blog

No comments: