Sunday, June 17, 2012

Plans

I'm really starting to think my husband is on to something by not being a "planner".  I mean, a person can plan and think they know what is going to happen and wham!  Something comes along and messes it all up and you are back to square one.  Or scrambling to figure out what to do.  We were planning Thursday night to go watch one of my kids play baseball and someone hit an utility pole and power lines were down across the ONLY road leading out of our neighborhood.  So much for those plans.  And, I hate telling a child I will do something and then not follow through.  We sat trapped without power from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm.  And that's just one example of "best laid plans".  So many things happening that I couldn't possibly cover it all.  Some I can't really broadcast on the internet (gasp!).  Shocking, I know, since I broadcast most of our life on here, but this is job related.  Let's just say I am at a cross roads there.  Oh, what to do, what to do.  Then, we were thrown another curve ball last night that fired up the 'ole anger from the post below.  Oh the unfairness of it all.  But, I am going to try tomorrow to be POSITIVE and think HAPPY thoughts and teach my summer school kiddo's.  Positive is the theme for the week.  Wanna place bets on how long it lasts amongst all the current drama? ha!
PS.  I did get to go watch my student play ball on Saturday so all is good on that front! :)

No comments: