Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weary?

Tired?  Think about throwing your hands up sometimes and giving up?  I can relate.  Let me give you just a small glimpse into real life around here...a behind the mask scenes look.  Friday is a good example.  We literally live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes it requires dumping the change bucket to make ends meet.  Kevin called Friday afternoon to say, "I don't know how to tell you this so I'm just going to say it.  The checkbook was stolen out of my truck....with the deposit in it."  To keep this real for you, the deposit was going to get us out of the negative and if one certain check cleared, we were in big trouble.  Some of you are shaking your heads in disbelief and some of you know exactly what I am talking about.  We rob Peter to pay Paul so much around here that I don't even think about being in the negative anymore.  Somehow it always works out.  So....after screaming and yelling at Kevin for being so irresponsible.  I mean how many times have I told him this would happen???  He never locks his car and just leaves stuff out for the taking.  He spent two hours at the bank, closing accounts and opening new ones and going through registers.  I spent two hours blood boiling mad and crying because I didn't know how to cover the money that was missing PLUS pay the bills laying on the desk.  After two hours of misery for us both, Kevin is on the way home and the sun is in his eyes, he pulls down the visor and guess what falls out?  Yes!  The checkbook with the deposit!!!  Is this a praise?  Yes!  Did I still want to kill him? Yes!  This is daily life with my husband.  Seriously!  I wish I were kidding!!  But then, he cooks an awesome meal and offers to take me out for ice cream and the next day takes a picture of me with the pup and tells me how beautiful I am.  And, I love him even though he drives me insane! :)  I shared this story to say I know what it is like to be tired and want to give up.  I struggle daily with not letting money worries take over everything.  Just today I thought, "I might as well give up on ever being out of debt."  We cannot seem to get ahead.  We have bills on the desk that need to be paid with no money to pay them and two cars that need to go to the shop. But, I can't let it worry me.  If you can relate, try this with me, every time you catch yourself worrying or thinking about money, pray about it instead.  Hand it over.  
Matthew 11:28 Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.
Matthew 6:34 Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:26  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I saw this quote and thought of you guys...

I searched my wallet and found it empty.
I searched my pockets and found a few coins.
Then I searched my heart and I found you.
And I realized how rich I am!

Love,
Sandy

Laura said...

Don't know what to say except that I love you!