Monday, October 22, 2012

Great Weather. Great Weekend!

Friday was a great work day of teacher workshop in the AM (on something useful so it was good!!) and teacher workday in the afternoon (hello crossing things off the to-do list!!!).  So, Friday was success.  Saturday started a little rocky with Kevin spilling a LARGE coffee all over my purse and down my leg at breakfast, but the day recovered nicely from the early fumble. :)  We packed up the pups and headed to one of my favorite spots to hike.  We had the place to ourselves.  Never met or saw another person on the trail.  LOVE being out in the middle of nowhere with my bestest peeps!!  This was Bubba Bear's first hike, and he did GREAT!!!



Poor Rex can't have any freedom because he is so unpredictable and stubborn!!  But Stella was able to be off lead the whole time.  She never goes far and always stops and checks the status of her "people".  I think Bubba is following in her footsteps (or pawsteps?).

At the end of the hike, we found a stream for the pups to cool off in and get some water.  Can you say perfect ending?  A walk in the woods surrounded by the beautiful colors of fall is super peaceful!!  God is quite the artist!!!
The next day someone in our Sunday School class gave us a free pass and free parking to the State Fair.  So, off we went for some people watching and fair food.  Who doesn't love fair food????!!!  Fried anything is good!
My winner of the day surprised me.  I could eat apple everyday if it was served covered in carmel!!!!  And, I may have even licked the bowl clean!!
Thank you Jesus for a great weekend with my family.  I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the first weekend or even days in a row that I have "normal" in a very, very long time!!  I had forgotten what normal felt like!!

No comments: