Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My family Turkey Day

This past Saturday was my family turkey day.  We had it again at my cousin, Peggy's house.  Love her place.  The setting is just gorgeous and it made a great back drop for some family photos.  Of course, we would've taken them without the beautiful backdrop because that is a tradition that we do every year!  This year we had about 42 people total at our feast.  Below is just my Granny's group: (all we are missing is one cousin and my Aunt's husband)
This day made me realize how much has happened and changed in a year.  Last year, I didn't want to go, and I didn't want to talk to anybody.  We were at the ending of our infertility battle and depression had set in on both of us.  Honestly, our faith and our marriage were at an all-time low.  It was just an all around bad time for us.  Fast forward a year through many battles with depression and hormones and mood swings and struggles...I felt waaayyy more like myself than last year for sure!  I think we are slowly getting back to normal.  Thank you for your support and prayers to those that stuck by us during a tough time. :)  Tomorrow marks one year since we found out we couldn't have children of our own.  We needed to grieve and we did.  Now, it's time to pick ourselves up and what life has in store next! 
John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.

No comments: