Thursday, January 17, 2013

He Loves Us ALL

Second Chances.  That's how this blog started.  With a story of a second/third/fourth chance of an alcoholic and the woman who loves him and how through that struggle, we were brought to Christ.  Fast forward through infertility struggles and a stint of depression, and you get to today.  Through talking to someone who is struggling with how to help a loved one with alcoholism last night, I was reminded of just how TOUGH those times were.  The desperation.  The shame.  The embarrassment.  The pure weight on the shoulders daily.  It reminded me that we don't need to judge others, because we don't know what they are going through at the moment.  So many people hide their problems and keep to themselves.  Some don't know where to turn and others are just too ashamed.  I really truly think that if more of us were honest about our troubles, then we could HELP each other.  I believe we go through the tough stuff to get to the other side and HELP someone else through it.  No one can relate better than someone who has been through it.  We sure aren't perfect.  We are both divorced. Kevin is a recovering alcoholic.  I struggle with depression at times.  We are both infertile.  And, the list goes on...but,  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
I don't know what I really want to say except, this blog started out more of a "celebration" of a new start for us.  Now, most days, it is an online journal for me to keep up with my scrapbook journaling!!  A few times over the years when I've talked about the tough stuff (my non-existent relationship with my real father, Kevin's alcoholism, our money worries and even depression), I have gotten an email from someone thanking me for my honesty because they could relate or needed to hear it.  Mostly, I write about those things to get them out of my head and off my chest, because I write about things WAY better than I talk about them.  If I couldn't "write it out", I might explode because I'd keep it all inside.  I'm glad I have an outlet that might help someone else.  I always said if anything we go through helps just ONE person, it was worth it.  I just wish more of us could "throw it out there" so people didn't feel alone in their battles.  Our trials become our testimony.

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

So, go and write.  Or, go and talk.  Don't pretend to perfect and have it all together.  What's the fun in that anyway? :)  Kevin reminds me all the time how boring life would be without him.  He's right.  We are total opposites, but I need his drama! LOL!  Don't worry about the gossips.  Let them talk.  All that matters is you might help someone who needs it just by admitting that "hey, my life isn't perfect."

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.Romans 12:12

What would your cardboard testimony be?  Watch...you'll be blessed for it...

No comments: