Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Better Perspective

Yesterday, I was frustrated.  Today, I have a better perspective.  First, our accountant told me to "breathe".  He's not finished yet.  He actually referred me to one of my favorite Bible verses:  "Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34  I needed that.  Calm.  Breathe.  It will all work itself out.  Second, I reminded myself that there people worse off than us.  As a teacher, unfortunately, I get to see that firsthand.  Kids who have no food at home or clean clothes.  I reminded myself that we never have to pick and choose which of our bills get paid.  All of our bills are paid.  Amen!  Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?"  Yep, new perspective.  
Plus, it's my birthday week!  Monday, Kevin brought me lunch to school.  Yesterday, he brought me gourmet cupcakes.  Today, my friend, Jill, took me out for lunch.  I mean, I'll just enjoy the last few hours of my 30's and embrace my 40's (and any debt it brings! ha!)  Because, we are taking a trip this summer for both of us turning 40 if I have to work 3 jobs to make it happen! :)

No comments: